Placement: Oil & Gas Industry 2 years + Competitive Salary including benefits
Application deadline: 15th Feb 2019
Start date: Mid-March 2019
Do you aspire to build a career in a technical role within the Oil & Energy Industry?
Our client is a major Oil & Energy company is currently investing heavily in new technology and techniques to improve efficiency and effectiveness in their sector both domestically and internationally. Their solutions include:
• Design and build innovative big data platforms for analysis and data processing
• Developing and test data pipelines, to enable faster data-informed decision made within the business
• Develop and innovate existing enterprise data management strategies and processes; including operational data stores, data warehouse implementations, data movement, data services, data acquisition, data conversion, and archive/recovery
FDM is the UK’s leading IT Graduate Employer. It is a FTSE 250 employer with a global footprint working with some of the world’s most reputable organisations, such as HSBC, AXA, Save The Children and Virgin Media. In 2018, we launched the careers of over 1,000 graduates and we have a strong focus on creating a diverse workforce and are proud to have a 0% gender pay gap.
We are seeking a number of high-calibre candidates to join our award-winning Graduate Programme as business intelligence consultants.
How is the programme structured?
Your journey as a Business Intelligence Consultant will begin at our pop-up training academy in Rotterdam where you will receive fully-funded training and the chance to gain industry recognised qualifications, as well as mentoring and support throughout. Our award-winning Graduate Programme provides a wealth of opportunity to gain transferable skills as well as becoming an expert within your field. After successfully completing your training, you will go to work on-site with our major clients in the Oil and Energy industry.
What will you be doing?
As an FDM Business Intelligence Consultant, your fully funded 9-week technical training programme will include the following:
• You will become an expert at developing analytics to help businesses gain and maintain competitive advantage through the use of data
• You will learn how to design and develop analytics tools and platforms to analyse data essential to ensuring that businesses function efficiently
• You will learn how technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations with the aim of creating a simpler interpretation of big data and identify opportunities and improve strategies for long-term organisational stability
You will have the opportunity to:
• You will join our Client’s experienced technical delivery team as a Business Intelligence Consultant working to ensure a consistent level of quality across all products
• You will be working within a fast paced and dynamic oil and energy environment, in cross disciplinary teams, creating data platforms and solutions
• Work closely with both business and IT stakeholders to determine the priority of projects and deliver data solutions across the organisation
• Exposure to big data architecture and solutions
• Recommend ways to improve data reliability and quality, aiming to better support business requirements
Apply now if you:
• Eligible to work in the Netherlands
• Graduates with a Grade 6 or above, any degree, your passion is all that matters
• Enthusiasm to succeed within the IT industry
• Passion for collaboration and enthusiasm for building good team dynamics
• Have a strong analytical mind-set, and keen attention for detail in order to develop and test data solutions
• Have the curiosity to think of a range of approaches to a problem
• A keen interest using data and analysis to solve problems
• Are excited to work in Amsterdam
No, but I will graduate/have graduated in The Netherlands, Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
In addition to a competitive salary including benefits, we provide you with:
• The opportunity to receive industry recognised training and qualifications
• Development of cross functional IT skills e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and managing pressure
• A foot in the door to one of the world’s most reputable organisations within the Finance Industry
• Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
• Modern and central training academies
• Social events and networking